Interested in writing with us? Awesome! On this page you will find some guidelines to help you on your way to getting your article published on our website.
1. News articles, features or reviews that relate to the topics that we cover on our website. We cover gaming news for all major platforms, including PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
2. For news articles, stick to facts and try to get the point across in 250 words or less. News articles may be longer in length if there is a good reason for it.
3. For feature articles, try to support your opinions and arguments with clear examples in such a way that there is no room for different interpretations.
4. For news articles, include links to trustworthy sources, images and videos. If you don't have related images editorial will make sure your article looks beautiful.
5. We're looking for content that is worthwhile to read. We're not interested in fluff or articles on milked franchises such as Call of Duty or Guitar Hero, unless it is actually newsworthy.
6. We're looking for journalists that submit multiple pieces, not writers who wish to get their articles published on as many websites as possible nor writers who only submit one article.
7. We're looking for journalists first and gamers second. You consider writing about video games to be more rewarding than just playing them.
8. We're looking for journalists with strong social and communication skills. We use Discord text chat and voip on an hourly basis to discuss articles and manage our backlogs, so getting familiarized with these tools is essential.
1. Your content must be original, meaning that it may not include text that is directly copied from other websites. You may check out what competitors are doing but then try to find your own angle.
2. Your content may not include advertisements or promotional images to draw attention to the author or an unrelated third party product.
3. You must work with a default one week lead time. This may change depending on the type of article if agreed upon in writing by both parties.
1. If applicable, the first paragraph of your article should give a short summary.
2. Do not use bold or italic font styling or font coloring.
3. If applicable, the last paragraph should give readers an indication of a product's release date.
4. Only link to trustworthy sources if it is necessary. Articles containing unnecessary links will not be published.
1. Your full name.
2. Your address. (will not be published)
3. Your e-mail address.
4. A short bio of 50 words or less.
5. A photo of yourself. (optional)
6. The location of your personal website or social media account. (optional)
We may at any given time, without notification, terminate your guestwriting position. Unless specifically agreed upon in writing and signed by both parties, you will not receive financial rewards for your submitted content. We're looking for journalists who are passionate about video games and who are not primarily into writing for monetary gains.
If more than 50% of your submitted content has to be changed in any way during the editing process you will not receive byline credit. If we already have an article filed on a specific subject your submission will not be published.
2. Give back to the community by serving our readers the latest video games content.
3. If applicable, receive copies of products to review.
4. Your byline above or below published content along with your full name, short bio, photo and link to your website.
5. Your own author page that displays all published content along with your full name, short bio, photo and link to your website.